Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What's in store for 2011

Great to meet everyone who follow this blog! I'm excited to meet everyone here, contribute and keep you posted to what is going on with the front range mank crew. My name is Sean Lee and I have been kayaking religiously in Colorado since 2000. I live in Boulder and love the fact that there are about 10 class V creeks within 2hrs of my home. I love the sport and have as much fun as anyone when I'm out on the river. I learned to paddle on the Chattooga River while raft guiding when I was 18 and have never looked back. I enjoy nothing more than a day on the river with great people. Why am I pumped for the 2011 kayak season. Well it starts with a flash of white, an immediate acceleration, a feeling of energy surging beneath you, and that critical moment when nothing else matters and the river demands your undivided focus... I'm excited for that brief period and those priceless seconds that take me away from the everyday grind. This season is going to be sick. There is nothing better than a day on the river and spending the evening around the camp fire drinking beer and talking about how you had to save your buddies butt one more time.





As temperatures rise and spring storms continue to pepper the mountains of Colorado, I'm getting stoked for the 2011 season. After 5 years of whittling my Werner down to peanut shells, its time for a new paddle. Going with the Werner Powerhouse is a sure bet. Werner makes the most durable paddle on the market and I'm excited to finally have some surface area on the end of my stick to move some water. I'm also looking forward to a new Kokatat Dry Suit to keep myself warm on some of those high alpine runs. Over the next few weeks I'll be rolling out a new website idea.


Its shaping up to be one of the water years in a while....





You will find me at some of the local events and competitions like the Lyon's Outdoor Games, The OB race, and Homestake. Of course I'm looking forward to my usual trips around the state to hit some of my favorite creeks like OBJ....




Big South....





The Crystal





and USB of course....




But there are is one run in particular that I'm really looking forward to. Towards the end of last season I found a picture of a waterfall that simply blew my mind. Not too much beta on this one other than a couple of accounts from people that have flown over it. This will probably turn into a misadventure and a portage fest but you really never know until you get in there. I'll keep you posted to how and if it goes!



No comments: